IIT Bombay signed a Memorandum of understanding with Tel Aviv University , Israel on 21/2/2018. In order to promote cooperation the two institutions agree to encourage direct contact and mutually beneficial cooperation between their respective faculty, research institutes, departments and administrative staff.
The initial area of collaboration will be through :
Visit and exchange by faculty members and research scholars.
Joint research activities and joint supervision of research work.
Joint conference and symposia on subjects of mutual interest.
Exchange of information including, but not limited, research publications of faculty members.
Themes of joint activities, condition for utilising the results achieved as well as arrangements for specific visits and exchanges of Faculty members and researchers shall be defined on case by case specific agreement.
Tel Aviv University (TAU) is a public research university in the neighborhood of Ramat Aviv in Tel Aviv, Israel. With over 30,000 students, the University is the largest in the country. Located in Tel Aviv, the University is the center of teaching and research of the city, comprising 9 faculties, 17 teaching hospitals, 18 performing arts centers, 27 schools, 106 departments, 340 research centers and 400 laboratories.
TAU's origins date back to 1956, when three research institutes – the Tel Aviv School of Law and Economics (established in 1935), the Institute of Natural Sciences (established in 1931), and the Institute of Jewish Studies – joined together to form Tel Aviv University. Initially operated by the Tel Aviv municipality, the university was granted autonomy in 1963. The Ramat Aviv campus, covering an area of 170-acre (0.69 km2), was established that same year.
The university also maintains academic supervision over the Center for Technological Design in Holon, the New Academic College of Tel Aviv-Yaffo and the Afeka College of Engineering in Tel Aviv. The Wise Observatory is located in Mitzpe Ramon.