The National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education (NCPRE) at IIT Bombay will be conducting a 3-day short-term course on "Theory and Technology of Silicon Solar Cells", coordinated by Prof. Anil Kottantharayil from September 26-28, 2019.
About the course:
Silicon PV technology dominates the global PV market with more than 95% of the market share. The National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education (NCPRE) at IIT Bombay is the premier research centre in the field of PV in the country, with a very active research program in the field of silicon PV. NCPRE has developed 6-inch X 6-inch silicon solar cells with an active area efficiency of 21.3%.
The 3- course to be conducted by NCPRE would cover the following topics :
- Introduction to the physics of semiconductor devices (band diagram, optical absorption, generation-recombination, transport, pn-junction diode characteristics)
- Theory of silicon solar cells (characteristics of silicon solar cell, design of silicon solar cells
- optical design, junctions, passivation, the impact of these parameters on solar cell characteristics, IV measurements, quantum efficiency measurements)
- Fabrication of low cost industrial full area Al-BSF and local area Al BSF (PERC) silicon (both mono and multi) wafer solar cells
- Simulation of a solar cell using PC1D: a practical session
- Loss analysis of solar cells: a practical session
- Luminescence imaging and Light Beam Induced Current (LBIC) characterization of Si wafer & solar cells for the process, device development and diagnostics
- Advanced silicon solar cells.
Time: 9:15 am- 5:15 pm
Venue: Victor Menezes Convention Centre (VMCC), IIT Bombay