Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), will be celebrating its Foundation Day on March 11, at 3.00 pm at the Prof. B. Nag Auditorium, VMCC. Prof. Meric Gertler, President, University of Toronto will be the Chief Guest on the occasion. The celebrations will include the presentation of the following awards:
- Prof. S.C. Bhattacharya Award for Excellence in Research in Pure Sciences
- Prof. H.H. Mathur Award for Excellence in Research in Applied Sciences
- IIT Bombay Research Awards for 2018
- Prof. Krithi Ramamritham Awards for Creative Research for 2018
- Distinguished Alumnus Awards
- Young Alumni Achiever Awards
The foundation stone for the internationally recognized Institute was laid by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, then Prime Minister of India on March 10, 1959. IIT Bombay was the second IIT to be established in the country and the first one to be established with a foreign aid received from UNESCO. Since then the Institute has grown from strength to strength and is now counted among the best engineering institutions across the globe.